Executive Director, Vietnamese Association of Illinois:
The Vietnamese Association of Illinois (VAI) has been serving the needs of Chicago’s Vietnamese community for nearly 35 years.The Executive Director of VAI reports directly to the board of directors and is responsible for overall staff, financial and administrative management of the agency.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for overall leadership and management of staff.
- Responsible for administration of overall operation of the agency including evaluation of program activities, allocating resources for greater program effectiveness and developing organizational and administrative policies as well as program objectives.
- Development and implementation of short and long range goals and policies.
- Serve as a community ambassador and liaison to partner agencies and groups in the community.
- Write and prepare proposals for submission to granting agencies for a variety of programs.
- Develop and maintain governmental, foundation and individual financial support to maintain and grow operations.
- Collaborating with the board of directors in the creation of policies and taking a lead role in the strategic direction of the agency.
- Attending and supporting board of directors meetings.
- Attainment of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- At least three years of non-profit agency experience.
- At leastfive to seven years of increasing responsibility in regards to administrative and management experience.
- Knowledge of the principals and techniques of grant administration, contract administration, community organizing, and fiscal management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree/ Certificate in non-profit management, social work or related field.
- Bilingual in English and Vietnamese languages in both oral and written communications.
- Experience working with community based agency serving diverse populations.
- Knowledge and expertise in the use of social media including Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Compensation/Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience.VAI offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and paid vacation.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Email a resume, cover letter, and three letters of recommendation addressed to: